Family Medicine Jobs in Indiana
Saturday · October 21, 2017
1 Job in The Hoosier State
Photo: Lucas Oil Stadium viewed from across the White River.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent job opening (Rochester) is for an academic medical center.
- Maintain an independent practice without educational responsibilities for medical students and residents.
- Seeking a board certified family medicine physician to join Ascension Medical Group as a faculty member.
- And also assist in the evaluation of such programs.
- Faculty will aid in the planning and implementation of training and educational programs in or relating to their Program, which are under the aegis of WSU School of Medicine, including clinics, out-patient services, office-based programs, other community services (health fairs, home visits, school physicals, etc.
- And, aids in the identification and utilization of available community resources in the Training Program of the department.
- Maintains access to all patients admitted to any of the services of the department.
- Staffs resident teaching rounds.
- Directs CME.
- Participates in clerkship student conferences during each rotation.
- Participation in resident recruitment including assisting with interviews as scheduled.
- Assist the program in the evaluation of residents at all phases of training including advising/mentoring residents as assigned.
- Must possess and be able to obtain licensure and certification as required by applicable law and accrediting organizations.
- Shall maintain medical staff appointments at participating institutions.
- Provide clinical supervision, in conjunction with other faculty, for resident clinics, outpatient procedures, and in-patient settings including evaluation of residents and/or medical students in the hospitals.
- Research (5%) - Contributes to the departmental research objective on a continual basis.
- The Family Medicine Physician Faculty assists the Program Director in all facets of the academic program.
- Lectures on relevant topics at routine conferences, Grand Rounds topics and other conferences as are educationally required for the residency program.
- Previous graduate medical education experience and board certification required.
- Educational (10%).
- Participates in teaching medical students - 3rd year in the Family Medicine Center during their clerkship rotation and 4th year on inpatient service at Chmc during their sub-I rotation - as scheduled.
- Administrative (5%) - Departmental leadership responsibilities, medical directorships, etc.
- Preferred qualifications in geriatrics, sports medicine, hospice and palliative care, maternity care, etc.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Rochester, MI.
- Must fulfill the requirements for and obtain a faculty appointment with the applicable department of Wayne State University School of Medicine.
- Assists with the annual curriculum for conferences and monitors resident and/or medical student presentations at the conferences, for both the Clinic and member hospitals.
- Clinical (80%).
- Supervise residents and/or medical students who may be taken on electives and inpatient services.
- Staff privileges at all member hospitals/facilities will be maintained with academic work rounds and attending rounds.
- Core faculty members will adhere to the Acgme program requirements for patient care without residents (60% of total time).
- Qualified applicants will be a M.D. or D.O. graduate from an accredited medical school and residency program.
- Faculty will be engaged in providing quality education in a clinical environment, service diverse patients, including the medically underserved and low-income population.
This perm job opening was posted
4 weeks ago