Family Medicine Jobs in Indiana
Thursday · January 18, 2018
1 Job in The Hoosier State
Photo: Lucas Oil Stadium viewed from across the White River.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent family medicine job (Midland) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- CPR, and all applicable certifications required (must be obtained within 30 days of employment).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Order therapies and/or other treatments.
- QuadMed looks for highly motivated, quality-conscious healthcare and administrative professionals.
- Incorporate specialist recommendations into plan of care for the patient and ensure the patient understands the assessment and recommendations of the specialist.
- Regularly check email, mail, voice mail, and other forms of communication.
- Timely and thorough documentation of all of the above in the electronic medical record.
- Previous medical office experience preferred.
- Display knowledge of normal signs of human development and ability to assess and provide age appropriate care.
- Dow is one of Forbes' "15 Best Companies to Work For.
- Conduct physical examinations to provide information needed for admission to school, pre-employment or eligibility for insurance coverage.
- Located in the Great Lakes Bay region of Michigan, in 2010 Forbes ranked Midland the fourth best small city to raise a family.
- Discuss and order appropriate age/gender screening.
- Review patient file/record, including problems, allergies, medications and immunization status.
- Follow up with patient regarding progress in high risk or emergency cases.
- Promote health by advising patients about lifestyle including diet, exercise, habits, hygiene and instruct on methods for prevention of disease.
- Physician - Family Medicine Job in Midland, MI.
- Documentation should be completed on the day of the visit whenever possible, and no later than 72 hours from the date of visit.
- Order appropriate diagnostic tests based on history, exam findings and differential diagnoses.
- Provide prenatal care to pregnant women and provide postnatal care to mother and infants, when appropriate for specialty and training.
- Our innovative practices, values, and focus on wellness and prevention have earned us recognition nationwide.
- This Physician opportunity is in Midland, MI at the Dow Family Health Center.
- The diversity and vibrant communities offer a compelling array of opportunities for education, jobs, recreation and cultural pursuits.
- Keep informed of organizational activities.
- The region also offers a beautiful freshwater coastline, ample hiking and biking trails, and is ranked second in the nation for fishing.
- Refer patients to medical specialist for consultant services when indicated based on history and physical examination, test results or complexity of patient's presentation or disease(s).
- Monitor immunization status.
- Establish an assessment including differential diagnosis when indicated.
- Promote mission and goals.
- M.D. or D.O degree from an accredited School of Medicine or Osteopathy and completion of a Family Practice or Internal Medicine/Pediatrics residency program (in certain health and wellness centers Internal Medicine or Pediatric trained physicians may be desired).
- Determine and prescribe medication, dosage and schedule based on the patient's problem(s), other medications and allergies.
- Discuss potential side effects to medication and/or immunizations with patient.
- Board certification or eligibility required.
- Serve as Collaborative Physician for any Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners providing medical services in accordance with federal and state law and the policies of QuadMed including review of medical charts of patients treated by collaborative providers.
- Assess training needs and promote developmental activities of staff.
- Active state license and current DEA registration number.
- Our providers work in an environment where they are given essential one-on-one time with patients, where their ideas are valued and where positive healthcare outcomes are the ultimate measurement of success.
- Discuss alternatives and make recommendations according to evidence-based guidelines when available along with medical knowledge and experience.
- Contribute to the success of the organization by participating in quality improvement activities.
- We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
- Examine patients for physical findings.
- In select states, patient care is provided by an independent physician-owned corporation.
- Discuss potential benefits and risks of diagnostic testing and treatments.
- Additional Company.
- Elicit information about patient's symptoms and past medical/surgical, family and social history including tobacco use and other habits.
- Enjoy the beautiful Dow Gardens, year-round festivals, architecture tours and performances at local theaters.
- Homes in area are priced significantly lower than the national median, and the cost of living is 21 percent lower than the United States average.
- Successful candidate must submit to TB testing and any vaccinations recommended by Osha guidelines.
- Administer vaccinations according to CDC guidelines to prevent communicable diseases.
- QuadMed is the leader in employer-sponsored healthcare, dedicated to providing employees and dependents with comprehensive, accessible and superior care using evidence-based medicine.
- With convenient access to major Michigan cities and Toronto, Midland is one of only 19 cities designated as "Safe Community" by the National Safety Council.
- Get moving with leagues for golf, beach volleyball, kickball, softball, soccer and rowing, or give hockey and curling a try!
- Previous computer experience or training required.
- Analyze test reports and communicate findings to patients along with any revisions in assessment and plan.
- Oversight of advanced practice providers.
This perm job opening was posted
3 weeks ago